July 25, 2007

Thoughts on a recent incident.

Grappling. Struggling.

It’s coming right back again.

The sin and all the pain.



Shame. Guilt. Regret. Sin.

I’m terribly unclean!

Unwanted? Unsurprised.



I battle. I retaliate.

Forgeting the past, straining ahead.

Surely there’s more to these errors?



Yet I’m cleansed. Entirely renewed.

To the point of complete peace!

I cannot explain this.


He still hurts. The pain still burns.

“Consequences suck!” -

For the first time, I learn.


A silly choice. A foolish act.

Little did I expect;

I’m not the only one involved.


Yet he accepts. Yet he forgives.

What else can I say?

‘Tis a good and perfect gift!


When He defends, when He acts,

Amazed, I watch in wonder

He’s better than all lawyers!


In retrospect, as I reflect

I cannot help but conclude:

my God is very good.


Very, very good.



Thank You Jesus.

No comments: